Getting rid of termites usually requires professional attention. Although sprays and home treatments may provide temporary relief, we highly recommend you call American Pest as soon as possible so we can permanently get rid of the pests.
Something You Should Know! Termites do more than $5 Billion dollars in damage to structures each year. That is more than all natural disasters combined. Termites live in nearly every state in the U.S. They are active all year long, 24-7.
Common Misconception: If a house is treated one time, it is good for life. No. Treatments only last about 3 to 5 years.
Short Term Solution:
- Vacuum. It won’t get rid of all of them, but vacuuming can reduce the group and the damage they are doing. Make sure to dispose of them outside and away from buildings.
- If you see Termites exiting a wall, do not cover with tape. This can actually push them to a different exit hole.
- Do NOT spray any area where damage or termites were found.
- You can actually leave them alone until we arrive. The fact is, the Termites are not going to do much more damage in a few hours or days than they already have done. Letting them be and calling us is our best recommendation. That way we can make a thorough inspection and create the best recommendation.
American Pest Long Term Solution:
- We can determine the size of infestation and pest control needs of your home with a FREE NO COST, NO OBLIGATION 20 Minute PEST AUDIT.
- With a bad infestation you will have to have maximum treatment. We always look for permanent solutions to the problem at hand. Treatment could include wall void applications, attic treatments, tree trimming, caulking and more.
- For minor infestations, many times, we can come treat the problem and be out of your home the same day. However, to keep pests out of your home for good, preventative service may be recommended.