Getting rid of wasps usually requires professional attention. Although sprays and home treatments may provide temporary relief, we highly recommend you call American Pest as soon as possible so we can permanently get rid of the pests.
Something You Should Know! Wasps are venomous. They can pose a serious health hazard to anyone with allergies, including swelling, hives, difficulty breathing, and in some cases even death. Wasps can make nests in the eves and ledges of your home, trees, in the ground and even inside your home.
Common Misconception: Some people think using an “off the shelf” product will take care of the problem. But these products only kill the wasps that you directly hit. One nest can hold thousands of wasps.
Short Term Solution:
First, a WARNING!!! Do Not Attempt any of these steps if you are allergic to wasps or if you don’t know if you have a wasp allergy.
- From a safe distance, locate the wasp nest. Spray the area with a killing product from the store. It will kill some of the wasps instantly.
- After spraying, wait a day to make sure you have killed the dwellers of the particular nest. It is important to remove the nest if possible.
- Make sure none of your window screens have holes.
- Keep all doors, windows and garage doors closed.
- Install insect screening over your attic vent and exhaust vents
American Pest Long Term Solution:
- We can determine the size of infestation and pest control needs of your home with a FREE NO COST, NO OBLIGATION 20 Minute PEST AUDIT.
- With a bad infestation you will have to have maximum treatment. We always look for permanent solutions to the problem at hand. Treatment could include wall void applications, attic treatments, trees and more.
- For Minor infestations, many times, we can come treat the problem and be out of your home the same day. We will help you make a plan that is right for YOU and YOUR BUDGET. Call us today!